Training Futures is a nationally recognized workforce development program with proven results, providing training for living-wage professional office careers. It offers an innovative six-month curriculum in a simulated office environment with two primary goals:
- To meet the needs of local employers who seek qualified entry level workers.
- To help the under-employed and unemployed secure a rewarding career, potential for professional advancement, and permanent employment. (Read more)
Enrollment for the next Training Futures cycle will begin in May 2017. For more information about start dates, please contact Rini Victor at 571.748.2864.
Training Futures was launched in 1996 and has since trained over 2,000 people from diverse backgrounds and experience. Within six months of graduation, 89% of trainees secure full-time employment in an office environment. The employment rate of graduates far exceeds those of other national programs, placing Training Futures in the top-performing echelon.
WHAT TRAINEES LEARN
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service / business telephone skills
- Business English
- Standard office policies and procedures
- Human relations
- Professional workshop series: stress/time management, conflict resolution, wellness, budgeting, professional communications, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and much more
- Business Math
- 10-key calculator
In addition to the above, all trainees will receive one-on-one support with Résumé and Interview Preparation, Employment Test Preparation, Tailored Individual Projects, Career Research, Job Fairs, Job Search Techniques, and Skill Drills.
Trainees receive performance reviews and are expected to dress professionally, arrive on time, complete office assignments and interact professionally with staff and fellow trainees.
Trainees will also gain valuable direct business work experience through our internship program. This program provides interns to local businesses and hospitals within the community, who can provide an environment that supports additional exposure for trainees.
Interested in enrolling in Training Futures?
- Call Rini Victor at 571.748.2864 to schedule an intake