immigrants are not illegal.

pollita12

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Print page

Donald trump has a new obsession. It is called “Chain Migration” It wants to end with the immigrants who once legalized, bring their families to live with them in the United States.   – NY Times Opinion

Republican Donald Trump won the elections as president for United States. President Donald Trump has the purpose of deporting many undocumented immigrants. In his first press conference, Donald Trump plans to finish with all the emigrants. Donald Trump wants to build a wall between the border of Mexico and the United States and thus be able to stop with the issue of immigration.

Words matter.  Each one expresses what each one thinks and where it comes from; They talk about their prejudices, fears and ambitions. Therefore, calling it “Illegal” is an error. Who uses the word “Illegal” uses it to define more than 11 million people without documents. They do not know that the immigration issue is something personal for all of us; half of undocumented people are born outside the United States.

Most Latinos consider the word “illegal” an insult. It is true that the undocumented violated the law. They did it when entering without documents by the border or to stay in the United States beyond the due thing by their visas. But the undocumented people are not illegal.

Why not call them citizens? To those hardworking people who left their country to look for a better future. Those who died in the desert in search of the American dream. These people do not have to call them illegal. This is an issue that goes beyond the anti-immigrant policies that are fashionable in the United States. Calling someone “illegal” is meant to make the difference between them. But that goes against the spirit of what it is to be American. Millions of undocumented people contribute to the economy, culture and welfare of the United States.

At the end of all, I am convinced that the United States will do the right thing and legalize millions of undocumented people. To change everything you have to start by naming them differently. We have to change the language first and then change to a reality. The first step to make it a reality is not to use the word illegal to identify the undocumented. In the United States, we have the right and duty to be a legal person.

NO ONE IS ILLEGAL IN UNITED STATES.

6 Comments

6 Responses to “immigrants are not illegal.”

1. El Chema on February 9th, 2018 9:26 am

As written above I support this idea me and my family were immigrant. we came as no one in this country. we have always work to have a better life for our own. for our descendants, give them a proper life. we feel when the racism hit us telling us or calling us criminals. central and south american people will always come here and keep making this nation always great!..

2. eldiablitho12 on February 12th, 2018 8:29 am

I support this idea me and my family were immigrant. We come to this country with nothing just with a dream and that dream was to be a better person that can be able to help my family. We always have to work hard so we can have better life and be able to support are family who is in our country. Me as an immigrant feel bad when president Trump refer to immigrant as criminal. They always will be immigrant in this great country. I think no one can stop that and building a wall is just spending money for nothing.

3. miclo on February 13th, 2018 9:01 am

In my opinion it is a lack of respect to call illegal to the people no matter what part of the world they are in my opinion we are all equal no matter the color or sex of the person we are all equally worthy.In my opinion, Donald trump has part of the reason of wanting to walk the immigrants to his countries but he should send only people with me to the world as for example: those who have been killed, robbed, kidnapped etc not to the people who are workers and fighters. In my opinion Donald trump has part of the reason of wanting to walk the immigrants to his countries but he should send only people with me to the world as for example: those who have been killed, robbed, kidnapped etc not to the people who are workers and fighters.

4. pollito12 on February 13th, 2018 10:29 am

I know about your topic because I’m a immigrant. I like the phrase that you said “consider the word “illegal” an insult”. I’m agree with you, and I consider that word as an insult. I feel that we the immigrants help this country in many ways. Here is a link if you want notice more about immigrants http://nohumanbeingisillegal.com/Home.html

5. Lux.Luciano on February 13th, 2018 10:34 am

this article is everything to me, i value the truth in it. Donald is ignorant to the history of his own race; anyone in any high school history class can tell you who the ACTUAL immigrants are. Any educated individual could tell you that the first settlers who established America came from Britain. Even the FIRST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES was a Brit. Let’s take another example of the ignorance:ALT RIGHT and NEO NAZIS; these are literally men that the president has allowed right to protest and march and have their own “day”. Step back into history, last time i checked, many brave and wonderful men died and fought AGAINST the Nazi Party in WWII. So why on Earth would our president think it is OK to authorize such an event???

6. QueennnM on February 15th, 2018 9:09 am

I totally agree on “Why not call them citizens? To those hardworking people who left their country to look for a better future.”
    This indeed is racist, ignorant, disrespectful and not open minded of Donald Trump to speak about “immigrants” like this. We all are humans and should be treated equally! It shouldn’t matter where we come from, we are and shall be called citizens.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Navigate Right
Navigate Left
  • immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

Are we equally represented ?

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

The Trauma of Broken Trust

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

The media wall; do American voters have a media problem?

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

Domestic Tranquility; Reporting Domestic Violence

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

How has Kavanaugh affected the public? A Young Journalist’s Eyewitness Account

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

We All Have A Voice, How We Use It Is Our Choice.

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

How does government protect what we eat?

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

The Life and Death of Senator John McCain and the Trump Divide

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

Freedom of the Press Blasting Trump

• immigrants are not illegal.

Current Events

Lessons from Macbeth on Human Nature and Presidential Politics

immigrants are not illegal.